There’s no shortage of fun to be had in Park City and Deer Valley come summertime. From family-friendly events to culinary gatherings to music festivals, the area hosts a dynamic array of world-class events showcasing the best in arts, adventure, culture and cuisine. The following are a select few events we’re looking forward to this summer:
Big Stars, Bright Nights
Saturday, June 30 – Sunday, September 6
This is Park City Institute’s 6th season presenting the St. Regis Big Stars Bright Nights Concert Series. This summer, a great variety of performers will grace the stage, including Smash Mouth, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Esperanza Spalding, The Gipsy Kings, Warren Haynes with Gov’t Mule and Lee Brice. As a non-profit performing arts organization, the festival offers 20% of tickets at no cost to underserved members of the community.
Wednesday, July 1 – Saturday, July 4
A wonderful local tradition with fun, games, food and the exciting rodeo. On July 4, participate in the 5K race, and then enjoy the Independence Day barbecue, rodeo and fireworks.
Park City Independence Day Celebration
Saturday, July 4
- 7 am: Pancake Breakfast at City Park
- 8 am: Park City Ski Team 5k Fun Run. Call Cole Sport at 435-649-4806 for more information
- 10 am – 5 pm: Rugby games, live music, BBQ at the north end of City Park
- 11 am: Famous 4th of July Parade with over 70 floats. Pick your spot for viewing on Main Street or Park Avenue, as it’s a packed event each and every year!
- 12 pm – 4 pm: Food, live music, beer garden, vendors in City Park
- 5:30 pm – 9:30 pm: Beer garden, BBQ and free live music by the George T Gregory Band at Park City Mountain Resort (Note: No outside alcohol allowed into concert venue, please.)
- Dusk: Finally, fireworks are set to go off at Park City Mountain Resort!
Deer Valley Music Festival
Saturday, July 4 – Friday, August 14
The Deer Valley Music Festival, proudly sponsored by Summit Sotheby’s, features world-class performances from the Utah Symphony, paired with some of the best names in rock, country, pop and Broadway including Smokey Robinson, Diana Krall and Kristin Chenoweth.
Food & Wine Classic
Wednesday, July 8 – Sunday, July 12
The 11th annual Park City Food & Wine Classic features the best wineries, breweries, artisans and restaurants from around the region. The festivals Wine & Nine & Dine will take place at Victory Ranch’s Rees Jones-designed golf course, followed by a tasting on the patio of our golf clubhouse.
Kimball Arts Festival
Friday, July 31 – Sunday, August 2
The largest summer festival in Park City, the 46th annual Kimball Arts Festival will feature more than 200 artists, 30 musical performances, workshops, children’s activities and other fun cultural activities for all ages.
Summit County Fair
Saturday, August 1 – Saturday, August 8
The Summit County Fair in Coalville features endless activities from carnival rides and rodeos to parades and blue ribbon events, all just a short drive from Park City.
Park Silly Sunday Market
Every Sunday through September 20
Ranked one of the Top 50 Best Farmer’s Markets by Cooking Light Magazine, the Park Silly Sunday Market is an eco-friendly, open-air street market and festival that takes place on Park City’s historic Main Street. Enjoy a fantastic showcase of artists, chefs, farmers, entertainers and fun for the whole family.